Monday, October 5, 2009

Random Word: Imagination???

I've always made excuses
for not having ever written a poem about you
but really you were just a muse
that I couldn't get on paper fast enough

You were just that one quote
that probably would have changed the world
if only I had found a chisel
to get you in my stone cold heart
and ensure that you would stick around forever

But I cant say I didn't write your name in pencil on purpose
because even a blind man can see
that danger doesn't always
show its face in plain sight

You made me vulnerable to my own weakness
cuz you knew I wasn't good with handling mail
yet you always expected me
to push then envelope in our relationship

I bet you still wonder how
every time you'd search and try to find me
I'd always magically manage to lose myself

Because my mind ran in circles
trying to think outside the box for you
so maybe you should stay confined
to the radius of my imagination.

Just allow my dreams to breathe...

1 comment:

  1. "You made me vulnerable to my own weakness
    cuz you knew I wasn't good with handling mail
    yet you always expected me
    to push then envelope in our relationship"

    That whole stanza was dope...

    ReplyDelete